Mirror Lake, once known as Weir Lake, was St. Petersburg's first reservoir and served as the source of the town's drinking water.
In the early 1920s, Mirror Lake was home to both the St. Petersburg Junior High School and the St. Petersburg High School. In 1924 the Mirror Lake Shuffleboard Club was formed, and it quickly gained fame as "The World's Largest Shuffleboard Club" with over 5,000 members in its heyday.
Surrounding Mirror Lake are some of St. Petersburg's most notable historic sites, including City Hall, the Coliseum, the Lawn Bowling Club, and the Carnegie Mirror Lake Library—the city's first public library.
Today, Mirror Lake continues to be a source of recreation and leisure for St. Petersburg's residents and visitors.
Historic photos and postcards courtesy of the City of St. Petersburg.